Zafrani Pulav- A mix of rich ingredients like dry fruits, whole spices, sugar and milk are used to make this dish of sweet, saffron rice. Zafrani Pulao is a classic dish from Hyderabad, so simple to make yet so classy and flavorful.
- Basmati Rice - 2 cup - Buy Now
- Nuts (Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios, Walnuts etc.) - 1 cup - Buy Now
- Dried Fruits (Black Raisins, Golden Raisins etc.) - 1 cup - Buy Now
- Bay leaf - 1 - Buy Now
- Cinnamon stick - 1 - Buy Now
- Cardamom - 1 - Buy Now
- Cloves - 3 - Buy Now
- Black Cumin - 1/2 tsp - Buy Now
- Sliced onions - 1/2 cup - Buy Now
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp. - Buy Now
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup - Buy Now
- Mint – ¼ cup - Buy Now
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. - Buy Now
- Coriander- Cumin Powder - 1 tbsp. - Buy Now
- Oil – 1 cup - Buy Now
- Ghee - 1 tbsp. - Buy Now
- Salt – as per your taste - Buy Now
- Water – 4 cups
- Saffron - 1 tsp
- Fresh fruits (Grapes, Apple ) - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/4 cup
Step-1: First, wash and soak the rice for 10 minutes, and keep it aside.
Step-2: Soak 1 tsp saffron in ¼ cup of milk and keep this mixture aside.
Step-3: Heat oil in a frying pan and deep-fry ½-cup onion slices on the low flame. Once the slices are light brown, take them in a plate and keep them aside.
Step-4: Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a large saucepan. Now add ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 bay leaf, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 cardamom, 3 cloves and let them crackle.
Step-5: Add 1 cup of nuts, 1 cup of dry-fruits and cook them on the low flame for a minute.
Step-6: Add 1 tbsp. ginger-garlic paste, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tbsp. coriander-cumin powder, mix them well, and cook for another 1 minute. Now remove this mixture from the flame and keep it aside.
Step-7: Take one pressure cooker, add 2 cups of soaked rice, mixture of nuts and dry-fruits we have made, 4 cups of water, half of the saffron milk and cook till the rice is done.
Step-8: Once the rice are well cooked, add 1 cup of fresh fruits, remaining saffron milk, fried onions, ¼ cup coriander leaves, ¼ cup mint leaves and mix them gently with a fork. At last, pour a few drops of ghee over the rice.
Step-9: Zafrani pulav is ready to serve. Garnish it with additional nuts, dry fruits, and coriander leaves while serving.