Sabudana vada also called 'sago vada'. It is a traditional deep fried snack from Maharashtra, India. It is often served with spicy green chutney and along with hot chai and is best eaten fresh.
- Sabudana - 1 cup - Buy Now
- Potato - 2 (boiled and peeled) - Buy Now
- Green Chilies - 2 or 3 (minced) - Buy Now
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp - Buy Now
- Salt – as per your taste - Buy Now
- Peanuts (powder) - 1/4 cup - Buy Now
- Mint leaves - 4 (Optional) - Buy Now
- Oil - to deep fry - Buy Now
Step-1: First, wash and soak 1 cup of sabudana for 3 to 4 hours. Drain water after soaking.
Step-2: Take one large bowl, add 1 cup of soaked sabudana, 2 boiled and mashed potatoes, chopped chilies, 1 tsp ginger paste, ¼ cup peanuts powder and mix all the ingredients very well.
Step-3: Now add chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander leaves, salt as per your taste and again mix well.
Step-4: Give tikki shape to the mixture and keep aside.
Step-5: Heat oil in kadai and deep-fry vada in hot oil. Cook till vadas become golden brown from both the sides.
Step-6: Once vadas become golden brown from both the sides, remove from oil and drain on paper rowel.
Step-7: Sabudana vada is ready to serve.